This topic came up when I was recently chatting with with my friend and business partner Hobby Parent. She reminded me that everyone has the same 24 hours in their day and we need to start guarding our time. During this conversation we decided the best way to thwart these time bandits is to get back to setting goals, committing to daily actions and keeping each other accountable.
My list of time bandits:
- social media
- phone calls
My list of things I really want to accomplish:
- daily creating
- organizing my home
- releashing weight
- increasing training
- high quality interactions with people.
So for the month of November I'm setting the goal to use my time purposefully. I'm not going to let my time be stolen by insignificant activities. I'm going to cut back on allowing Time Bandits to keep me from my goals.
So here's my plan:
1. If I'm watching TV I will multi-task- crochet, doodle, sit-ups
2. No more than 30 minutes of social media - I'll set a timer
3. I'll clean out my email box every day for 15 minutes
4. I'll make phone calls when I'm walking the dog.
5. I'll spend 30 minutes a day cleaning/organizing my home
6. I'll schedule time with the people I want to spend time with. This could be a meal, a phone call or skype.
And tomorrow I'll get back to my painting - - - -