Monday, August 18, 2014

One Hundred & Eighty Days

Every teacher knows the meaning of 180 days.  Give or take a few,  this is the number of days in a traditional school year.  In August this seems like an unattainable number.  In January it's still a long way off.  But come April the end is near.  I always try to start off the school year with a positive approach, hoping to keep my enthusiasm high.  Yet I tend to fall into a sad state around day 30 knowing I've got a long way to go.  So this year I'm going to take a different tack.  I'm going to celebrate each school day as I check it off by reflecting on the good things I experience.  And I'm going to record my journey in a little journal I'm calling "One Hundred & Eighty Days."  I admit, I borrowed the title from my friend Julie. She can have it back when she writes her book.  I don't think she'll mind.

This week I'll be demonstrating the process for creating your own planner.  So gather some supplies and get ready to create. I found this little day planner in the dollar bin at Target.  It's an academic calendar so it goes from August to August.  But you could use any inexpensive day planner.
 
Suggested Supplies:
- small day planner
- acrylic or craft paint - just a couple of your favorite colors
- brushes
- glue
- washi or small duck tape rolls in one color or a variety
- stamps and a stamp pad if you have any
- markers
- magazines


No comments:

Post a Comment