Monday, June 23, 2014

Hello Monday

For those of us in the teaching profession we look forward to Mondays towards the end of June. Because instead of getting bonuses in the form of pay, we get June, July and August. While we don't get a full 90 days off, most of us get between 8-9 weeks.  When I went to bed last night I didn't set my alarm, no need.  I was going to sleep until the sun was fully in the sky.  But. . . . at 5:00am my eyes were wide open and my body was restless.

So I got up and greeted the sunshine on my back porch, one of my favorite places on earth.  With a cup of coffee and a pillow under my feet I started my day making a list of all I wanted to accomplish during my visit home.  It's a long list with lots of household chores, more traveling and many fun events.  But for now I think I'll have another cup of coffee.

Happy Summer Monday to all my teacher friends.  Sorry the rest of you have to go to work!

Pancake as big as my head

Art Spark #11
Battlefield Restaurant, Fredericksburg, VA




No comments:

Post a Comment