1. Using painters tape I blocked randomly created shapes on my 15 x 22 watercolor paper.
2. I wet the paper and dropped in yellows, reds and pinks. DRY
4. Next I put on more tape. This time I created thicker lines by doubling and tripling the tape. I wet the areas and dropped in blues and greens. DRY
5. This is what it looked like after I pulled that tape off.
6. I taped index cards to random areas making sure I touched at least 3 sides (a suggestion in composition)
7. I then loaded a fan brush with different colors and splattered paint on the paper.
8. I took off the cards and doodle in and around all of the rectangles but one. I left the one with the most yellow blank to create a focal point. (another suggestion in composition.)
9. I put an index card over the yellow one and splattered a little more yellow paint.
Tonight I'm traveling so I may not be able to post until Monday. But I packed lots of supplies and plan on being inspired by my trip!