|View from the porch|
Things I like about traveling with my girl friends:
1. No one has to be reminded to empty the dishwasher.
2. Cooking is a group activity.
3. No body complains about the food. And everything tastes good.
4. Sometimes we skip dinner and eat dessert only.
5. Only one person needs to bring a hair dryer.
6. The toilet seat is always down.
7. If one person cries the whole group does.
8. We laugh a lot. And we're really funny. Just ask us.
9. If you don't want to hang out no one will make you.
10. We shop together. And help each other spend too much money.
11. Someone will always comment on your clothing, hair, jewelry, etc.
12. We take care of each other.
13. We know how to keep secrets.
14. We may not see each other often but we can catch up in minutes.
I'm sure there are many more reasons, but these are enough to make my point. If you want to be pampered, comforted and renewed you need to take a trip with some girlfriends. My good friend Julie attended the Bridge weekend 2 years in a row incapacitated with her leg in a cast or post surgery. But she was in good hands and didn't have to lift a finger the entire trip. We kept her in drinks, food, and anything else she needed. In fact we took such good care of her last year that she won the tournament!
The memories from the annual meetings of the Hollywood Bridge Society get me through the tough days. And I know we all have some very difficult days ahead. But I know if ever I'm ever in trouble, need help or just want to laugh I could call any one of those women. "Winter, spring, summer or fall, all you have to do is call. And I'll be there. . . " - Carole King
1. Wet on Wet with blues and yellows.
2. More wet on wet with some more blues and burnt sienna
4. Above the water I started with greens and blues then added some reds and browns.
5. A city skylight appeared in the back ground so I defined it a little more with some pale blue.
Finished view and my photo inspiration. Even though there wasn't a city skyline in the photo it appeared in my painting. So even though I live hundreds of miles away, my friends, and the river are there for me.