I hate to throw anything out. Like most artists I have a box full of watercolor practice pieces or paintings that were never finished. I love to use these paintings as the basis for something new. I pulled out this one today and began to play.
1. I placed a cup on the paper and painted a thin wash of yellow around it.
2. While the yellow paint was wet I dropped in some red. DRY
3. I added another circle on the edge and painted the inside of it with some blue, red and burnt sienna.
4. It needed a third circle so this time I dipped the cup into some blue paint and stamped it on the opposite edge.
5. I doodled with a little more color to sharpen edges and create some linear patterns. To get the multi-color lines I put a puddle of color along the edge of the circle and dragged a wet brush through it.
|Spin 7 1/2 x 10 inches|
Watercolor on paper