"Paper Plate Snakes" in an earlier post. So today I thought I'd share with you "Coffee Filter Butterfiles" and "Paper Bag" Trees.
1. Draw a face and body colors on the clothes pin.
2. Draw designs on the coffee filter using the washable markers
3. Add more color to the filter using water colors. The marker designs will also bleed into the colors. Let dry
4. Bunch the coffee filter in the middle and clip it with the clothes pin. Add the antennae (aka pipe cleaner.)
Paper Bag Trees
1. Cut 4-5 slits about half way from the open end of the folded paper bag.
2. Open the bag and start crumpling and twisting.
3. Form the trunk by twisting the main part of the bag.
4. Now twist each cut tab to form branches
5. Add construction paper leaves and little birds toys or drawings.
So open up your kitchen cabinets and see what art supplies you find. You never know when you'll be inspired!