Friday, May 30, 2014

Five Days to Freedom

May Journal Project                               Day 30

Teachers look forward to the end of the school year as much as the students.  We count down the days until summer, sometimes from the first day of school.  If you ask some teachers why they chose this profession they'd tell you, "June, July & August."  Last night at dinner I was telling my husband about my stressful day.  He patiently listened and then said, "you're like this every May.  Don't worry, it'll all be better at the end of next week."  And of course he's right.

I'm looking forward to getting out of my "grown up" shoes and putting on my flip flops.  I'll spend my days working on my house, making art, writing my book, teaching workshops, in addition to enjoying my family and friends.  

Time will fly by and I'll be starting my new school year counting down before I know it.  But this will be the last time.  My husband and I will hopefully be retiring from our careers in Houston and moving back east.  We'll start new jobs and a new business.  Or maybe I'll miss teaching so much I'll apply for another job.

"Five Days to Freedom"                                      MJP #30
179 days, 178 days, 177 days ........... 5 days, 4 days, 3 days, 2 days, 1 day ----FREEDOM!



No comments:

Post a Comment