Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Reinvent yourself

May Journal Project       Day 20
When I began this journal in 2003  I was unhappy, over weight, out of shape and worried about my future.   I used my entries as a way to get my feelings out so I could move on.  Now I'm repurposing each page to reflect where I am today.

So much has changed for me.  I got married again, moved to Texas, got a job and started a new life.  It wasn't an easy adjustment.  I'm an east coast girl and I missed my family, friends and home.  But I got lucky.  My friend Hobby introduced me to a life coaching program in 2010 where I began to focus on improving all areas of my life.

The most success I've found was in my health goals. I lost 60 pounds and feel better then I did in my twenties.  I changed the way I ate and started training for distance events.  In the beginning I could only walk the miles, but now I can run.

In reinventing myself I've had to be patient, kind and forgiving.  Change can be slow - one step at a time. My son's mother-in-law asked me to join her in the Army Ten Miler in October and I signed up this morning.  So today I'll begin training for my next big event..  My goal is to finish in less than two hours.  Thankfully during my reinvention I've also developed a lot more confidence.  I'm going to crush it!!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you Karen! Post a picture after your next event....so we can all see you "crush it"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will - I may just sign up for another one this summer!

      Delete
  2. Wow! that's some reinventing going on there. My kids laugh when I get out my "Change Your Life in 7 Days" book again like my life is so bad or that I need to change it in seven days LOL It's definitely a gradual process but if you're always moving forward things do tend to change in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 56 years old and still trying to figure out what I'm going to be when I grow up!

      Delete