Friday, May 16, 2014

One Hundred Posts


"I'm Grateful"                           MJP Day 16
This is 100th post on my Dare to Create blog.  My first post was on July 1st, 2013 and titled "When in doubt, begin again."  It was about starting fresh and enjoying the process of creating art.  Right now I happen to be sitting on my back porch reflecting on the journey my blog has documented.  At times I was a consistent poster, and other times, not so much.  I've written about  family, memories, techniques and events.  I've tried to remain consistent with my blog's primary objectives:  To make art and inspire others to be more creative.

This weekend I flew back to Fredericksburg, Virginia to participate in the Historic Half Marathon taking place this Sunday.  I brought a friend with me and am having a wonderful time showing her my beautiful hometown.  I am so lucky to be from such an amazing place full of wonderful sites and people.

The journal pages for today are old ones.  I admit I did most of the work on them a while ago.  But today I added a few more touches and am reminded to feel gratitude for all the blessings I have been given:

- a healthy body allowing me to run, walk and dance
- a loving husband who cherishes me
- amazing friends who lift me up
- perfect children who make me proud every day
- artistic talent and training
- a teacher's heart
- and all I need to live the life I choose.

And I'm grateful for my reading audience.  Thank you for taking precious time out of your day to read my musings.  I'll keep creating - I hope you'll keep reading and will be inspired to dabble in something new!


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I've been blogging for about 2 years and averaging about the same. Sometimes it is not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you've reached such a milestone! I've noticed that my writing has changed over the years, and when I read blog posts that I wrote a few years ago, I had a different style than I do now. It's fun to see how we morph and change over time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just like revisitng an old sketchbook!

    ReplyDelete